Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School Blues

Last Thursday was the first day of my senior year!  Wow, that's weird.  I'm really not ready for the summer to be over yet.  It feels like I've only been home for about two weeks.  It's so weird to be back at school, but at the same time, it's frighteningly normal.  After all, I've been in school for the majority of my life at this point.  (Isn't that a depressing thought?)

I love my lunchbox!  You can't see my backpack in this picture, but I swear I have one and it's bursting at the seams.
In the true fashion of my school, I had a ton of homework the very first night.  I also have a ton of school supplies, and have sadly found that my super adorable backpack I got (because I value fashion over practicality) doesn't even come close to fitting everything.  On Friday I had to use one of my huge purses so I could put half my stuff in that.  I've ordered a new backpack that should work better, but I have no idea when I'll get it.

I was excited to see my friends again (we've all been busy this summer and haven't really seen each other), and most of my classes seem like fun.  For the first time, I've really gotten to fill my schedule with classes I'm interested in, except for the obligatory math class.  Two of the classes I'm most excited about are Creative Writing (it has a poetry focus, which I'm a little hesitant about, but I like poetry, too) and European History.  I love writing and history!  I'm also taking psychology, which should be really interesting.  Euro is supposedly one of the most difficult classes my school offers, and I believe it based on the summer homework.  However, I also think it's one of the most interesting classes, so I'm looking forward to it.

My wonderfully cute school supplies.  I generally just use a folder and a notebook for each class, but my English teacher made me get a binder, too.  :(
I suppose I'll get back in the swing of things soon, though this year is going to be my most difficult one yet.  I'm taking 4 AP classes and Creative Writing will be a lot of work as well.  In addition, I have to work on college applications and I want to be involved in the school plays in some way, even if I don't act in them.  (We're doing Alice and Wonderland in the fall and Beauty and the Beast in the spring, which are two of my favorite stories!)

Tomorrow my friend Tallulah is having a tea party, so that should cheer me up.  I love tea parties!  My sister is also moving back into college tomorrow, and I know I'll miss her after having her around all summer.


We had dinner at Nana's house so Sarah could say goodbye to everyone.  After dinner, the four of us were hanging out on the swing and acting silly.  We kept trying to take selfies and were pretty blind from the flash by the time we went back inside.  (Fun story about the porch swing:  At Sarah's graduation party, Tallulah and I were on the porch swing and it broke, sending us tumbling over the side of the porch.  We weren't really hurt, but everyone freaked out when we told them.  We just told them Voldemort attacked us and then went and fixed up our scrapes with princess bandaids.  The swing has been fixed and reinforced since then.)

I hope everyone else has had a lovely summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment