Saturday, June 29, 2013

Monsters and Fires and Popcorn, Oh My!

Today was much more eventful than I initially thought it would be.  Around lunchtime, my Dad announced he was taking my younger siblings to see Monsters University, and I decided to come too, as I've been pretty excited about it, being both a major Disney fan and a fan of Monsters Inc itself.

So, I settled in with my family and my super nutritional lunch of popcorn and m&ms to watch a delightful movie.  We got a little over halfway through, when suddenly the lights came back on.  We didn't really know what was going on, thinking it was just a malfunction.  But then there was a faint blaring (the monsters were roaring so it was hard to tell) and people started leaving the theatre.  Turns out the fire alarm was going off.  Exciting stuff!

Well, we all gathered outside the theatre and waited for the firetrucks to show up.  There wasn't a fire, which luckily was very clear the entire time, so nobody panicked.  Turns out one of the air conditioners was malfunctioning.  Eventually the firemen checked everything out and declared it safe, so we went back in to finish the movie.

For the rest of the movie, the lights kept starting to come back on, but every time I would whisper "Stop," and, much to my surprise, they listened to me.  This seemed to amuse my Dad and brother very much.

So, my opinion of the movie.  I, personally, really liked the movie.  It was adorable and funny and sweet, and presented a really great back story leading up to Monsters Inc.  The story line didn't turn out as predictable as I thought it would be, and everything seemed to tie in well with the original movie.  It was particularly interesting to see the characters develop and become the personalities we know and love.  I certainly recommend it to any Disney fans or kids at heart.  (And adults and actual kids too.  It's just a great movie for everyone.)

Me and Violette.  I admit I look not-so-great in this picture, but I didn't get any sleep last night--stupid insomnia--and didn't put all that much effort into looking cute, as I was just sitting in a dark theatre where no one could see me.
The summary of my day:  I was going to watch a movie, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment